Friday, January 15, 2010

What am I Excited About Today?

What am I excited about today?

I'm excited about two things.
1) I finally figured out how to make a link on this blog page. Yippee!

2) I'm excited about a book I bought yesterday -- Heat Wave by Richard Castle. Well, it's kind of by Richard Castle. Richard Castle, as portrayed by Nathan Fillion of Firefly and Dr. Horrible fame, is the eponymous character in the ABC show Castle. He's a fictional character and how he's published a book. I understand he also has Twitter and Facebook accounts, but after publishing a book, a little social networking seems rather tame for someone who doesn't even physically exist.

For anyone who hasn't been following the show, Castle is a mystery writer in NYC who finagles his way into following around Detective Kate Beckett, played by Stana Katic. After killing off his last main character, he is suffering from writer's block until he meets her. She becomes his (somewhat put-upon) muse and the result is a character based on her -- Nikki Heat -- and the novel Heat Wave.

Now, I know Richard Castle didn't really write this book. ABC hired a ghost writer to write it under the nom de plum of Castle. But I'm willing to play along with the gag. I think it's a brilliant publicity move. And I'm excited about reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment